PCIJ statement on Manila Times report "Oust-Duterte plot", April 22, 2019
Manila Times "association matrix" and story of "supposed Duterte running" that includes journalists with PCIJ are incorrect at many factors  1. PCIJ has never acquired Ms. Ms. Ellen Tordesillas has the hyperlink "Bikoy." -The identify of the "narcolist-video" hyperlink. PCIJ has not sent or shared any stories or comments concerning the "Bikoy" narcolist video. The video was released on YouTube, where the news media and the general public had to watch it. Then the anonymous "high-location source in the presidential office" so-called. As an alternative, "cybercrime experts" should look
Overseas funding does not correspond to foreign-owned profit-making media. It ought to be noted that government businesses are the most important recipients of overseas funding from the USA, Japan, China, Australia and different multilateral and bilateral businesses.
For example, since 2017, the National Television of Public Administration (PTV-4) and the Presidential Communications Operations Office (PCOO) have acquired donations from the Chinese state's digital radio and different broadcasting gear; introduced a number of journalists and columnists to China, including The Manila Times, via a "professional exchange program"; began to resubmit Chinese packages in Manila; and sent PCOO employees to study Chinese language.
- Mr. PCJ's founder and first treasurer, Rigoberto Tiglao, helped increase seed cash for PCIJ's activities initially from the Asian Foundation and the Ford Basis. Mr. Tiglao himself wrote about his position in PCIJ funding in this article within the Harvard Nieman report: "PCIJ has helped change Philippine journalism … It is a success story for a non-governmental organization, a non-governmental organization committed to a particular cause and funded by both foreign and foreign locals development agencies. "
PCIJ has announced that it has acquired funds from the National Democracy Fund for the organization of training seminars and workshops from 2014 onwards for all such occasions. A whole lot of journalists and journalists from national and regional print, television, radio and on-line media businesses have attended these seminars, including a few dozen The Manila Times.
- PCIJ has already revealed its monetary construction several occasions in 2005. Take a look at https://pcij.org/patron/
About PCIJ: Who We Are · Writing Scholarships · Analysis Stories · Be a PCIJ Protector · Awards and Announcements
"PCIJ is funded in quite a lot of ways. and PCIJ Patrons (who donate P3,000 to P10,000 yearly and obtain PCIJ products in return) PCIJ also makes money by way of journalism coaching in the Philippines and other nations. Basis (rest of PCIJ's revenue). This donation contained a number of circumstances, just that the cash was properly managed and used solely to finance the actions of PCIJ.
"The remaining funds in our price range include grants for special tasks.
" PCIJ is unique – not simply because it focuses specifically on research reporting. No different Philippine media group is financed in the same means: a mixture of grants, revenue and contributions from particular person supporters.
"Thanks to our financial structure, we can be independent because we are not considered media owners or advertisers, nor even scholarship organizations (the diversity of the financial base allows us to choose the projects we want to do with the donors and set their own terms with them). To our readers. "
- Finally, and most importantly: Free, unbiased and important press is the hallmark of democracy. The press, which tells the authorities that will probably be answerable for its obligation to inform individuals absolutely of a critical public concern, will forestall its objective. – PCIJ, April 22, 2019
PCIJ Statement on "Oust-Duterte plot" by Manila Times, April 22, 2019
Journalist Times, together with PCIJ, who allegedly participated in the "Oust-Duterte" drawing are mistaken for quite a few reasons:
- No PCIJ acquired e-mail from Ellen "Bikoy." Tordesillas alleged "narcolist video". There’s also no report or remark for PCIJ's "Bikoy" "Narcissistic Video". The video is on YouTube, the place it’s seen by the media and other people. It ought to be noted that "cybercrime experts" and "not named" as a well-placed supply in the President's office ".
- The PCIJ is not related, three out of 5 left between March 2018 and January 2019. Two others, OtsoDiretso, candidate for Senator Atty, Jose Manuel Diokno and Summit Media writer Lisa Gokongwei-Cheng are not PCIJ's office Diokno resigned previous to the campaign
- PCIJ, a non-profit, non-profit unbiased media group, raising funds in numerous ways – from gross sales income to publications and movies, shares in PCIJ's customer relationships, curiosity revenue from a personal fairness fund issued by the Ford Basis in 2003
Overseas funding is just not the same as overseas ownership. non-profit media. The truth is, authorities businesses receive most of their overseas funding from america, Japan, China, Australia and different multilateral and bilateral businesses.
For instance, since 2017, citizens' television (PTV-4) and Presidential Communication Operations (PCOO) have themselves acquired China's state-run media businesses by donating digital radio and different broadcasting gear; delivered to China for journalists and columnist in addition to some with Manila Times in accordance with the "Professional Exchange Program"; to copy and re-broadcast TV packages from China; and now learning Chinese language PCOO employees
5. One of many founders of PCIJ, and fund manager Rigoberto Tiglao, has helped gather PCIJ's seed money from the Asian Basis and the Ford Basis. Mr.Tiglao once advised PCIJ in Nieman Studies: "PCIJ has helped change Philippine journalism … It’s a success story for a non-governmental organization, a non-governmental organization dedicated to a specific matter and funded by both overseas and local
PCIJ has repeatedly reported that since 2014, the National Democracy Fund has funded coaching seminar workshops, with tons of of nationwide and regional printers, televisions, radios and online media suppliers and suppliers, together with almost a dozen Manila Times
- Since 2005 and lots of occasions For details on its financial structure, please go to https://pcij.org/patron/
About PCIJ: Who We Are · Writing Grants · Research Reviews · Be a PCIJ Protector · Awards and Announcements
"PCIJ is funded in several ways. The funds come from income from the sale of publications and videos, as well as PCIJ Patrons (which donate P3,000 to P10,000 annually and obtain PCIJ merchandise in return). PCIJ also makes cash by doing journalism coaching in the Philippines and different nations.
"Income additionally comes from funds donated by the Ford Foundation (the remainder of PCIJ's revenue.) This donation contained some circumstances, simply that the money was correctly managed and used solely to finance PCIJ's activities.
" Our Price range funds are made up of grants for particular tasks.
"PCIJ is unique – not simply because it focuses specifically on investigative reporting. No other media organization within the Philippines is funded in the same means: a mixture of scholarships, revenue and contributions from individual supporters.
" Thanks to our financial structure, we can be independent because for media owners, not for advertisers, and not even for grant organizations (the diversity of the financial portfolio allows us to choose the projects we want to do with donors and set their own terms with them). However, we are responsible to our government and ultimately to our readers. "
- Finally, and most importantly: The free, fearless, and important press is a logo of democracy.
(perform (d, s, id)
var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName (s) ;
if (d.getElementById (id)) returns;
js = d.createElement (s); js.id = id;
js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/sdk.js#xfbml=1&appId=118252681523285&version=v2.3";
fjs.parentNode.insertBefore (js, fjs);
(document, script & # 39; facebook-jssdk & # 39;))